In the last post we discussed positive and negative characteristics of the throat chakra. It is obvious that negative expression of the throat chakra’s energy would make change all the more difficult. What would it look like to have a strong, healthy throat chakra? The list below highlights some of the results of flowing coherent energy through the throat chakra.
Throat Chakra Balanced Characteristics
Resonant voice; Good listener
Good sense of timing, rhythm
Drawn toward meditation and spiritual wisdom
None of us would consciously choose to have any of our energies be unbalanced or incoherent. Our early conditioning sets up patterns thought and feeling which result in beliefs that underlie the flow of energy throughout our systems. By bringing those patterns of belief into consciousness we can more effectively erase the consequences within and have new strength to bring to change and our lives.
Exploring Beliefs that Contribute to Blockage in the Throat
1. Do you think what you have to say is important?
2. Do you carry a lot of tension in the neck?
3. Do you have frequent sore throats?
4. Do you have problems with your jaw?
5. Do you feel no one listens to you or loves you?
6. Were you chastised for speaking your mind?
7. Is it hard for you to express your true position or feelings to another especially if you suspect opposition, hurt or angry feelings or some other difference/repercussions?