Our minds are always with us. They are busy, constantly engaged with analyzing, labeling, planning, or preoccupation with a variety of concerns, worries, and stresses. When we are focused on these mental states our energy fields are affected. Habitual thoughts, positive or negative, create ripples throughout our being that have repercussions on an emotional and physical level. They also influence choices, decisions and the ability to move forward in our business and personal worlds.
So, one very simple yet powerful way to be in charge of your energy is to be in charge of your mind. Start to become aware of the daily conversations in your head! You may be surprised by the stream of chatter, an ongoing commentary regarding life: events, experiences, people, places and things.
This chatter tends to be based on beliefs formed at various times in our lives. They may be the result of one strong event or an accumulation of messages received over time. Attitudes are formed upon the beliefs and behavior follows. Many of the beliefs we live with were formed in childhood and have never been explored by an adult mind to determine if they are still useful!
Human Energy System: A Road Map for Healing and Creative Expression
The chakra system provides us with a road map that can help us discover, heal and live from a level of conscious intent that allows us to express more if our Divine Humanity. Here are some questions that help jar loose some of the issues registered in the Root Chakra. The Root Chakra is the foundation of our being affecting our physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual health and functioning….it is the bedrock upon which all else builds on. If it is unbalanced or shaky (and for most of us it is as no one had a perfect early childhood!) then the rest of our vehicle is affected in how it can grow and develop. The consciousness contained in the root chakra has to do with our feelings of safety, belonging and material security/prosperity as well as our physical health.
Before answering the questions sit for a moment and sense how you feel regarding the issue rather than how you think about it. Very often our thoughts give us information about how we wish things were as opposed to what our deepest feelings may be. Observing how you feel or noting what shows up in your life can give you more information about unconscious beliefs than your everyday mind. It can also be helpful to note your inner dialogue when you notice someone else having what you say you desire for yourself.
Questions for Beginning to Release Faulty Foundational Beliefs
1. Are my relationships healthy and life enhancing? Do I struggle with maintaining healthy relationships? Are there relationships that are not healthy, harmful or not serving me well that I cling to and have trouble releasing? How can I improve this area or situation in my life?
2. Am I connected to my body and its needs? Do I attend to my need for rest, regular intake of healthy/adequate food, and exercise? How can I reconnect with my body and respond respectfully to its needs?
3. Do I consistently experience life as a healthy balance of giving and receiving? Do I experience a healthy exchange of energy between myself and others, nature, and the material world in general? What would help me to connect with this experience?
4. Is it hard for me to change non-beneficial patterns of thinking, feeling or believing? What would help me be more open to change in this regard?
5. Do I struggle to stand up for myself in the world? How could I feel more courage and strength within, more entitlement in the material world?
6. Can I welcome positive change? What would help me feel a safer and more secure foundation that would allow me to embrace change, welcome the new and live life as an adventure?
7. Do I look outside myself for comfort, security, belonging, or protection? How can I feel more security, safety, sense of belonging within myself? How can I learn to comfort and soothe myself?
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.