Stress and Mind Body Interaction
Stress is a complex adaptive mechanism involving mind-body-spirit
• Stress occurs with any change that requires us to adapt.
• We tend to recognize external responses to stress.
• Generally we are unaware of how stress impacts us physiologically.
• Stress triggers a complex series of effects on all body systems.
• Our bodies are designed to withstand occasional episodes of stress.
• Frequent or prolonged stress creates an adaptation response that is unhealthy.
• Chronic illness results with prolonged or too frequent stress.
• Perception, interpretation and management determine if physiologic harm occurs.
• Environment, lifestyle and genetics also influence outcomes.
• Develops ability to ease anxiety and stressful reactions.
• Results in increased self control, more confidence and self esteem.
• Nervous system reconditioning increases capacity to let go of stress quickly.
• Improves health, mood and overall sense of well being.
• Helps to reduce anxiety, eliminate phobias and negative coping
• Enhances communication; reduces conflict; improves listening skills.
• Increases ability to focus, concentrate and pay attention
Learning these new methods does require a commitment of time and energy. However, you will end up with both more time and more energy as a result!