We all want positive energy and preferably ALL the time! However we are human and have all kinds of feelings and experiences. This is normal and even advantageous. E.G. If you saw a truck barreling down on you, feeling fear would be appropriate and life saving in that it gave you the energy to get out of the way. But there is also the fact that our brains have a tendency to be negative…I suspect a trend toward survival that has run amok! So we do need to be aware and condition our brains and energy systems toward more positivity.
Sometimes I find the talk in my head sounds like someone else is in charge of my energy or how I feel on any given day. To paraphrase A.Lamotte, sometimes my mind is like a bad neighborhood and I have no business going there! So then I remember…
Who is minding your energy?
Our energy system has a direct influence on our mind, body and spirit. It impacts health, moods, outlook on life and much more. By tuning into our personal energy level throughout the day we can more easily take charge of our thoughts, feelings and moods and create more positive energy states. We can feel better and develop a foundation for being able to expand our ability to manage, focus and channel energy/vitality.
Positive Energy Can Begin at Dawn
1. Upon awakening, before you even get out of bed, notice how you feel. If you dreamt something that has a negative hangover effect, consciously release it. Use whatever means you can to accomplish this: EFT, breath-work, imagery and pivoting can help you shift your feelings.
2. Choose you emotional state for the day. Yes, you can! Let yourself feel ease, peace, well being to whatever level you can and imagine flowing that good feeling out from your deep inner center into your day. You can choose a word as a focal point to help bring you back to this pleasant state throughout the day.
3. As you move through the day notice what expands and opens you and make it a point to settle into these feelings. Appreciate and feel gratitude for all that is present that is adding to your life. (These feelings create very real biochemical and neuro-hormonal changes.)
4. Notice what triggers negative feelings or thought patterns and consciously release them as best you can as they arise. At times there may be a need for more than you can manage in the moment. If the latter is the case, schedule time to do what you need to in order to collapse those patterns more thoroughly from your bodymind.
5. As you notice what diminishes and drags you down can you also begin to think about how you can consciously make choices that eliminate those situations from your life. That may not be possible in all cases, but you may be able to let go of more than you realize. In the meantime do what you can to build and strengthen your energy so you can change your habitual way of interacting with what is negative for you.
Creating positive energy requires a practice and conscious commitment, but one well worth the effort!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.