Gratitude, genuine care, love, appreciation and compassion, all heart based feelings, create coherent heart rhythms which have a profound effect on the health of our minds and bodies.
It is easy in busy or very stressful times to put off caring for ourselves. A gratitude practice is simple and can be easily integrated into our day. A gratitude journal is a great way to help you notice all the things that are available to feel gratitude about.
It is easy to overlook those things when we are stressed. Keeping a journal also helps to set up the brain to search for more things to be grateful for. This helps to counter the brain’s natural negative bias.
A gratitude journal is a great way to begin or end the day. It can help set your tome for the day or help you release negativity at the end of the day. If a journal is not for you, a simple practice of stopping, taking a few deep breaths and noticing something to be appreciative of can also work.
Heart Coherence helps to:
- Shift heart rhythms toward smooth, ordered patterns
- Stimulate healthy neural, hormonal, biochemical,and energetic flow to organs
- Improve brain function
- Reduce sympathetic nervous system activity (gas pedal for fight/flight)
- Decrease blood pressure
- Release stress hormones
- Diminish fight/flight response
- Increase parasympathetic nervous system activity and decreases heart rate
- Improve body system efficiency
- Boost DHEA production (anti-aging!)
- Enhance IGA (immune response)
Heart Coherence helps you experience well-being right down to the cellular level! We can LEARN to trigger all these effects at will.
You can find a more in depth discussion and guidance for engaging heart based practices in Ch. 7 of our downloadable book, 12 Keys for Life and Self Mastery. For a complete overview and outline of this book click here: https://bit.ly/2OmRn2k