Expanding Consciousness and Self Perception
We all know our view of geography changes depending on height and our vantage point. Just as the view from the ground level differs from a mountain view so does our self perception change when we shift our focus from ego to higher self.
Our view of ourselves, life and its events differ depending on the level of consciousness that we view them from. Expanding consciousness enhances clarity of ourselves and any situation. It also contributes to alleviating stress and helping to build resiliency. Expanding consciousness enables us to access greater resources to brings to life challenges, change and choices. The result is we face life with more trust and belief in ourselves and live with more grace and ease.
1. What do you identify yourself most strongly with?
(E.G. job, nationality, sex, education, profession, being different or special)
How does that affect your choices and the meaning you give to life events?
2. Can you experience yourself as being more, beyond all these roles?
3. Can you describe that experience?
4. What is your experience of a Higher Self? What guides you inspires you?
5. How do you ground yourself as you reach for higher levels of consciousness
Suggestions for expanding consciousness
Modify these suggestions to ﬁt your style and life. Effort at the start results in greater time efﬁciency later!
1. Learn to be aware of and manage your energy. It very effective in expanding consciousness.
2. Create daily routines that support coherent energy and develop consciousness.
3. Bring the subconscious into the conscious … do your shadow work.
4. Engage in a healing process for your wounds; get lighter and brighter!
5. Practice disciplining your mind. It is the way to freedom!
6. Differentiate ego from soul.
7. Embody soul qualities.* Wrap them into daily activities. Make it a game.
8. Bring the sacred into the ordinary.
9. Give thanks and express gratitude regularly.
10. Maintain a spiritual journal.
11. Mark, acknowledge and celebrate your progress.
12. Congratulate yourself! Keep this list handy. At the start of the day, pick one area to focus on