Heart intelligence is getting noted by science and helping us to know more about ourselves as well as providing new tools to enhance our health and free us from stress. We are at a time when we are being challenged to open our hearts and integrate our human and spiritual natures. Tools that effectively address that need are sorely needed.
on a less esoteric note….current life situations are triggering our hearts and plunging us deep into intense emotions…we need ways to navigate those difficult spaces and heart intelligence provides an important way.
Neuro-cardiology demonstrates the physiological underpinnings of what spiritual teachers have communicated for centuries about the important functions of gratitude, surrender, appreciation and spiritual experience.
Our hearts are not merely biological pumps that work diligently on our behalf throughout our lives with little maintenance or care although that by itself is pretty spectacular! It turns out that the heart is a larger player in our spiritual connection, life experience and mind-body connection than the western world has thought.
Results of Research in Heart Intelligence
1. Even though the brain sends signals to the heart, the heart selectively decides whether to obey them or not. In other words, heart intelligence!
2. Conversely, when the heart sends signals to the brain, the signals are obeyed!
3. Conditions in the heart appear to influence behavior. We are all aware of people who seem to have an angry heart. Proper training in how to produce coherent heart rhythms helps to shift emotions, causing behavior changes.
4. Heart intelligence is the result of the specific patterns of hearts rhythms. This is an intelligent language that influences how we perceive and react to the world. When we focus on the heart and produce coherent rhythms, we see more clearly, are less influenced by the primitive brain and are more open to receiving input from our higher centers. This input has wisdom and creativity of which our lower brain centers are not capable.
5. The electromagnetic power of the heart is five thousand times stronger than that of the brain. This amazing fact points to the centrality of the heart in all areas of our lives.
6. The electronic signature of a person’s heartbeat can be found in the ECG of another person in proximity. Once again we have new science showing why we feel some of the things that we do such as feeling in or out of phase with another.
7. The energy field of the heart can project out 10-12 feet from the body. With this kind of projection, it follows that we are sensing and feeling a great deal of our environment and perhaps not registering or understanding the ramifications of that sensing.
8. Coherent heart rhythms have been shown to positively combine with intention and attention to create biological change. So coherence is good for us physically and emotionally, while it can also help us to create external changes in our lives.
Many people have spoken and written about the healing effects of gratitude and appreciation on themselves, others and their lives. Now it can be demonstrated that there are very real physiological reasons for this. What a relief! It’s healthy to be happy!