Skill Building: Develop your Second Attention
1. Do you ever get exhausted after spending time with certain people?
People who lack energy look outside themselves to “recharge their batteries.” When you are with them, they can take your energy to replenish theirs.
2. Have you ever felt someone staring at you?
We emit large amounts of energy from our eyes. When someone is staring at you, you are literally feeling their energy.
3. Have you ever felt an instant dislike for someone?
We are always “reading” other people’s energy fields to see how compatible they are with ours. Just as some substances like oil and water don’t mix well, when you feel an instant dislike for someone, your energy field isn’t mixing well with theirs.
4. Do some people excite and energize you more than others?
People who have energy reserves tend to extend and exchange their energy with others. When you’re with someone who excites you, or whose energy mixes well with yours your energy level is boosted, you feel more energized.
5. Do you ever know how someone is feeling before they tell you?
People emit information about themselves through their energy fields. When you can sense how someone feels, you are picking up and decoding this information.
6. Do you ever experience different feelings in different rooms in your home, or in other people’s homes?
Environments have an energetic” blueprint,” just as people do. Often this is a result of the emotional exchanges that have gone on in that space. When you get a feeling from a place, you are picking up on this residual energy.
7. Have you ever had an initial impression that you talked yourself out of, only to find later that you were correct?
We pick up on energy and register impressions/information unconsciously. When you don’t act on a hunch, it’s because your unconscious mind picks up on the energy associated with the hunch, but, because your conscious mind can’t see or measure your thoughts, it rationalizes it away.
The above are all examples of knowing that emerges from Second Attention.
You may want to play with sensing how the different places you inhabit in a day feel when you get out of your mind and settle down inside to simply directly experience them.
Be aware of how your sense impressions feel when you quiet your mind and just allow yourself to be present’ with them.
We would love to hear about your experience in the comment section!