It is not unusual for us to lose our resolve after we have set an intention or New Year’s Resolution. How are you doing so far with your intentions/resolutions? Are you still motivated?
Motivation is a major factor in not only setting a goal or intention but also in sustaining forward movement toward those goals.
What really drives motivation?
It is fundamentally a matter of energy. When we have passion and desire for a goal or task we tap into a stream of energy that feels motivating. We come into alignment with it.
What limits your motivation? What derails you? What gets you off track?
You didn’t want to do it in the first place.
The goal was someone else’s for you.
It’s your goal but you didn’t really believe it could happen.
You didn’t believe you had what it takes to succeed with your goal.
It feels scary to achieve your goal.
Someone else would be disturbed in some way if you achieved your goal.
There’s fear about how things would change if you reached your goal.
What can you do to remain/regain motivation…
Go back to the start and make sure the goal is really yours.
Honestly, do you really want to put in the time and effort—is this really a priority with you?
Is this the right time for you to tackle this goal?
What kind of support network needs to be in place for you –to help you?
Where do you harbor doubts about the goal?
What kinds of inner images do you have re: this goal? How does it all feel?
Approaches that can help…
1. Visualization: look at the end result, how does it feel to you? How is it for the others in your life? What does it mean for you and them in your life? How does the change feel at the end, and with the steps along the way?
2. Recognize your patterns of resistance: questioning yourself every time you go to start; procrastination; negative thoughts; reliance on others opinions instead of your own.
3. Quiet the voice in your head; use mindfulness to quiet your mind
Be aware of self-talk and consciously change to positive
4. Be honest about your desire, it has to be there; if not change your tactic
5. Imagery can help to offset negativity—choose new felt images for strength, achievement, ability. Remember times when you did succeed at something. Get in touch with those feelings and feel them attached to the new goal—to your ability to proceed on the path.
6. Reward yourself for small steps. Break your goal into smaller segments and make it achievable. Your confidence will grow with each achievement and fuel your forward movement.
7. Use tapping (Emotional Freedom Technique to clear obstacles and create space for your goal to happen. Ask “Where am I too stretched thin? Where is life too crowded to allow in anything new?
8. Use a Gratitude journal, it helps build positive strong energy
Loss of motivation means you are losing energy somehow and so do not having enough of it to bring to the change you wish to manifest. Energy work can help keep your resources strong and available to you. Working directly with energetic techniques such as those on our recordings can help you release obstacles to your goals (Letting Go: The Heart of Healing), strengthen and balance your energy to align with your goals (Balancing Your Chakras) and awaken your emotional energy to empower the changes you desire) (Guided Chakra Meditations).
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.