- Grounding is a term describing a particular type of energy as well as a process one can use to experience more calm, centered presence and ability to focus. Grounding is part of a strong foundation for physical and emotional well being and a desirable prerequisite for other energy work. Most people can benefit from additional grounding practice. To begin, practice balancing and strengthening your Root Chakra energy.
Health and Wellness Series
- Strengthening Your Immune System – Part I (38KB PDF File)
- First the bad news: there is no immune system! Now the good news: the immune function in human beings is scattered all throughout the body. Your ability to resist illness and/or stay healthy is a function of ALL of you and your whole bodymind.
Holiday Energy Tips
1. Being out in nature is a wonderful way to clear and cleanse, as well as to build our energy. In the winter months we are indoors more and lose a valuable means of cultivating healthy energy. Sunlight, fresh air and contact with all the natural elements all help to increase and maintain energy especially if we are purposeful and attentive with the process. Make it a point to get outside when you can.
2. In addition to helping our overall energy, walking outside in the early morning light has been found to be helpful in staving off seasonal affective disorder.
3. Recommit to meditating regularly. This simple practice helps to balance and clear our energy as well as regulate important internal functions that clear the effects of stress and make us more “stress hardy”.
4. Think about using a mindful attitude as you move through your holiday preparations, parties and gatherings. Connect to your heart with your breath to be more present, remain mindful and in the moment. Intentionally feel spaciousness in your heart as you bathe yourself with love, peace, joy or gratitude. Not only will you benefit but those around you will “catch” your good feelings. This simple method can protect you from stress, make for more meaningful interactions and help prevent fatigue.
5. Maintaining good self care practices through the busy holidays will help protect your stores of energy, prevent over doing that results in exhaustion and the seeking of unhealthy means of seeking out energy.
6. EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) can help build and strengthen energy, as well as help remove the beliefs that keep you from attending to yourself and your energy in healthy ways.
Energy Management Series
- Energy Awareness and Mind Body Health (249KB PDF File)
- This article discusses the relationship of personal energy and universal energy and how energy management can help to create more flow, joy and bliss in your life.
- New Solutions for Change (298KB PDF File)
- This article focuses on the concept of energy management as a more effortless way to confront change and the challenges in your life.
- Sensing Subtle Energy (300KB PDF File)
- This article addresses how natural it is to sense energy and how you can benefit through being more aware of this process in your daily life.
- The Human Energy System (300KB PDF File)
- This article presents an overview of the human energy system and its relationship to health, harmony and happiness in your life.
- An Electromagnetic Continuum (334KB PDF File)
- This article discusses the nature of electrical and magnetic frequencies of the energy system, some fascinating research and suggestions to help you balance these frequencies.
- Balancing Electrical and Magnetic Energy (251KB PDF File)
- This article continues the discussion regarding the specific properties and characteristics of electrical and magnetic energies with some tips on how to manage their influence in your life.
- Your Energy Field as Primary Immune System (253KB PDF File)
- This article explores the role of your personal energy as a primary building block of your immune system. Learn how to boost your immunity from the inside out!
- Anatomy of the Subtle Energy System (249KB PDF File)
- This article discusses basic characteristics of the aura and interesting research that has been done documenting the reality of the energy field.
- Managing Disruptions of Energy (239KB PDF File)
- This article describes the relationship of stress to disruptions of the energy field. It also speaks about how to recognize excessive and deficient energy patterns as responses to stress and habitual ways of managing energy.
- Techniques to Release Emotional Blockages (296KB PDF File)
- This article presents two techniques you can use to manage disruptions of energy and keep your energy coherent, flowing and in abundant supply.
- Navigating Change and Uncertainty (242KB PDF File)
- This article addresses how you can make change less challenging through understanding its natural stages and how to respond effectively to them.
- Worldview, Shaper of Reality (296KB PDF File)
- This article discusses the energy of beliefs and how they affect your perception and reaction to change.
- Energy, Meaning and Messages (60.8KB PDF File)
- A story about how paying attention and seeing with a fresh perspective can turn the ordinary into extraordinary and reveal important information that benefits our lives.
- Stress and Change…Stress Less, Live More (363KB PDF File)
- Stress is a natural response to anything that creates the need for adaptation. That means that even positive events can cause internal changes that affect our energy level, how we think, feel and perceive. The important thing to remember is that we ARE in charge of how we respond to stress no matter how it may appear when the pressure is on!
- Energy Quiz (355KB PDF File)
- How “energy sensitive” are you?