Your energy system has a direct influence on your mind, body and spirit. It impacts your health, your moods, your outlook on life and much more. By setting up an “energetic framework” at the start of the day and then tuning into your personal energy level throughout the day you will feel better and begin to develop a foundation for being able to expand your ability to manage, focus and channel your energy.
1. Upon awakening, before you even get out of bed, notice how you feel. If you dreamt something that has a negative hangover effect, consciously release it. Use whatever means you can to accomplish this: EFT, breath-work, imagery and pivoting can help you shift your feelings.
2. What would your preferred emotional state be for the day. Let yourself feel that whether it is ease, peace, well being or some other feeling. Allow that emotional tone to wash over and through you to whatever level you can. Imagine flowing that good feeling out from your core throughout your body-mind and into your day.
3. As you move through the day notice what expands and opens you and make it a point to settle into these feelings. Appreciate and feel gratitude for all that is present that is adding to your life. (These feelings create very real biochemical and neuro-hormonal changes.)
4. Notice what triggers negative feelings or thought patterns and consciously release them as best you can as they arise. At times there may be a need for more than you can manage in the moment. If this is the case, schedule time to do what you need to in order to collapse those patterns more thoroughly from your bodymind.
5. As you notice what diminishes your energy and drags you down, you can consciously make a choice to trigger more positive thoughts and feelings and flow stronger, smoother energy. You may also want to explore how you can make conscious choices that eliminate those triggers and situations from your life. That may not be possible in all cases, but you may be able to let go of more than you realize. In the meantime do what you can to build and strengthen your energy so you can change your habitual way of interacting with what is negative for you.
Our recorded program, Letting Go: The Heart of Healing teaches you several techniques that are helpful with releasing negative emotional states.
Letting Go: The Heart of Healing answers these questions and more…
Why is it so hard to change?
What is the secret to healing “out of time”?
How can old conditioning be released at the cellular level?
What can be done to both release pain and connect with inner strength and resilience?
You can find it here: http://bit.ly/YZpqLg