Holiday stress can get the best of us if we do not remain mindful. Here are some ways that can help keep the effects of holiday stress at bay so the time can be enjoyable.
1. Define your goal(s), what it is that you want in any given time period
2. Take a few minutes to get clear on what is important to you and then prioritize in writing
3. Make realistic timetables; delegate; eliminate; pad estimated time by 15%
4. Design a plan to help you stay on track and accomplish what you desire
5. Talk with family and friends, enlist their support, and poll them to see how they are willing to help
6. Keep your plan handy; look at it frequently to see if you are spending time doing things that help you toward your goals or if you are getting sidetracked.
7. Look deeper at why you may be trying to do too much, please others, or remain forever busy and over committed. The themes and storylines that trip us up in regular life tend to become magnified during busy times.